At Verve, we believe it's important for brands to know their customers better and create more valuable relationships with them. Our specialist online Community Panels enable us to give customers an environment where they can help shape the future of brands and products that we all use and love. We are increasingly combining digital approaches with face-to-face qualitative research to tackle significant strategic projects that inform innovation and customer experience management.
We are hiring a Qualitative Associate Director who is an expert in traditional (and/or digital) qualitative methods and interested in a role with a lot of variety, ad-hoc work and a fantastic close-knit team. We are proud to work with some exciting brands – Boots, Samsung, Virgin Active, Virgin Atlantic, E.on, John Lewis and many others. In this role, you will be working very closely with the executive leadership of our business. The focus is mainly on digital qualitative research, with some travel in the UK and more rarely internationally.
You will have…
- 5-9 years of full-service market research experience, with at least 3 years of recent Qualitative or mixed-method research experience
- Enthusiasm for delivering great research, ambition to progress in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, and a passion to build client relationships
- Experience or a strong interest in F2F methods (focus groups, depths, stakeholder immersion workshops, co-creation etc.)
- Strong report-writing skills and the ability to create a story with minimal support
- Expertise in one or more of the following sectors: retail, tech, energy, finance, FMCG
- A desire to grow and get involved in the wider business decisions and participate in strategic developments in the company
- An interest in applying your knowledge in the online environment and trying innovative methods.
What we offer:
You will have the opportunity to champion various initiatives, from key propositions to social activities (blogging, baking contests, charity activities, socials such as rock climbing, company drinks, cooking classes, ping-pong and football championships etc). In addition to the competitive salary (£40-52k depending on level and experience), we offer individual bonuses for outstanding performance.
As a Research Manager in Verve, you would be part of a fun and friendly team with a very diverse background. Even though we are a medium-sized business, we empower people to come up with ideas and we maintain an entrepreneurial culture – in fact, if you ask anyone in the team, they will tell you our culture is the best thing about Verve!
We support our team’s development through various L&D initiatives, such as Verve Academy courses – we have over 50 internal and external training sessions teaching a range of skills, from Presentation Competencies to Sampling and Weighting, Coaching Skills, Film Editing and many others.
If this sounds like a good fit with your aspirations, get in touch with your CV and a short cover letter outlining the key skills that fit with this role.
Email us your CV